This website and the publications contained on it are published by The Association of Investment Companies (AIC), for information purposes only. This website and the publications contained on it are not, whether taken together or separately, invitations or inducements to engage in investment activity. No investment decisions should be based solely on the information contained on this website.
Any information and statistics on this site (other than statistics accessed by external hyperlinks) provided by (AIC) and Morningstar and news items on this site (other than news items accessed by external hyperlinks) provided by Citywire Financial Publishers Limited have been prepared in each case for (AIC) for information purposes only. The downloadable report and accounts and stock exchange announcements are provided by FE Investegate, a wholly owned subsidiary of Financial Express Limited.
Whilst each of AIC, Morningstar, FE Investegate and Citywire Financial Publishers Limited have taken all reasonable steps to verify such information, statistics, news items or announcements, each of Morningstar, AIC, FE Investegate and Citywire Financial Publishers Limited does not accept responsibility for any errors or omissions on this website or the publications contained on this website or for losses of any nature incurred by any person using this website or the publications contained on this website, however caused.
Any opinion expressed (other than those contained in news items provided by Citywire Financial Publishers Limited) is the opinion of AIC at the time of writing and is subject to change without notice.
The information provided within this website and the publications on this website does not constitute investment advice or a personal recommendation, and you should seek independent financial and, if appropriate, legal advice as to the suitability of any investment mentioned here.
Certain information provided within this website and the publications on this website is based on the AIC’s current understanding of law and practice. This can change over time, and such information reflects the AIC’s current understanding as at the time of publication. No such information or guidance provided can override the requirements of current legislation.
If the information contained within this website and the publications on this website is redistributed in any manner AIC accepts no liability whatsoever to third parties.
General information on investment companies, savings plans, and wrapper products is listed but full terms and conditions and charges of any investment must be obtained directly from the managers and may be subject to change.
Certain information on this website and in the publications contained on it is of a historical nature. For example, statements made in historical releases and press announcements may now be out of date. All historical information should be understood to be taken from the date of its first publication.
All documents and publications provided on the Member centre are intended to provide general, non-exhaustive guidance only and have been prepared for the sole use of the AIC’s members.
It is the AIC’s policy to conduct itself to the highest ethical and business standards in all of its business dealings and in all matters which may reflect on the company. It takes a zero tolerance approach on these matters.
Links to third party websites are provided for your information and convenience. However, you should be aware that the content and software of these websites has been compiled and issued by third parties and has not been reviewed by AIC. As such, AIC cannot be responsible for the accuracy of any information or opinion contained within any such website.
Other important information
- You are not certain to make a profit and may lose money when investing.
- You may not get back the full amount of your investment.
- Share prices can go down as well as up.
- Any income from an investment is not fixed and may fall.
- For higher risk funds - this type of investment may be subject to sudden and large falls in value and you could get back nothing at all.
- You may have difficulty selling certain investment company shares in certain market conditions at any price. Do not invest in an investment which may not be readily realisable unless you have carefully thought about whether you can afford it and whether it is right for you.
- When investing overseas, currency fluctuations may adversely affect the value of your investment.
- The effect of inflation over time can adversely affect the value of your investment.
- If the discount narrows during the period of your investment, it may provide a proportionately better return on the share price than on the underlying assets. A widening of the discount does not necessarily indicate a loss although it will reduce the gain you could potentially have received. Any investment in shares should be for the long term and it is important with any equity investment not to be a forced seller: allow yourself to choose a time to sell that is advantageous to you.
- The share price performance figures on this website are calculated using the official last close price, making no allowances for charges that occur at the time of the transaction. Transaction costs include dealing charges, stamp duty (on purchase only), charges for advice and/or charges to buy or sell within a wrapper product. Performance figures are for lump sum investments only and not for regular savings plans.
- You should be aware of the risks associated with equity investments. Actual results and developments may be materially different from past performance and from any forecast, opinion or expectation expressed on this website. Past performance must not be relied on as a guide to future performance. Market and currency movements may cause the value of investments and the income from them to fall as well as rise and you may get back less than you invested when you decide to sell your investments.
- Where a company uses or proposes to use gearing as part of its investment strategy, investors should be aware that the securities may be subject to sudden and large falls in value.
- Split capital investment companies are complex and may be higher risk than conventional companies.
- Tax levels and bases of, and reliefs from, taxation are subject to change by the government.
- Venture Capital Trusts (VCTs) are complex and may be higher risk than conventional investment companies and therefore are only suitable for sophisticated investors. They should be viewed as long-term investments.
- Although VCTs offer generous tax benefits, you should not invest in a VCT simply for the tax benefits.
- It can be difficult to sell VCT shares on the secondary market, although some VCTs offer a "buy back" facility.
- AIM is a market designed primarily for emerging or smaller companies to which a higher investment risk tends to be attached than to larger or more established companies. AIM securities are not admitted to the Official List of the United Kingdom Listing Authority. The rules of AIM are different from those of the Official List.
- The Specialist Fund Segment (SFS) (formerly the Specialist Fund Market) is a segment of the London Stock Exchange’s regulated Main Market and as such is an EU regulated market. The London Stock Exchange’s website says this is designed for highly specialised investment entities that wish to target institutional, highly knowledgeable investors or professionally advised investors only. The SFS appeals to a variety of different types of investment managers, including those managing large hedge funds, private equity funds, and certain emerging market and specialist property funds, seeking admission to a public market in London. SFS securities are not admitted to the Official List of the United Kingdom Listing Authority. The rules of the SFS are different from those of the Official List.
- Please see the Guide to investment companies for detailed information on investment companies.
The AIC is a company limited by guarantee whose registered office is 9th floor, 24 Chiswell Street, London EC1Y 4YY. Its trading and registered office addresses are identical. The AIC is a company registered in England and Wales with registration no. 4818187. The AIC is registered for VAT with registration no. 396992669.
- Our details
- Your responsibility for others who access our website using your device or internet connection
- Other documents governing your use of our website
- Availability of our website
- Your account details
- Ownership of material on our website
- Information and content on our website provided on non-reliance basis
- Permitted use of materials on our website
- Prohibited uses of our website
- Viruses and other harmful content
- Links to other websites
- Links to our website
- EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
- AGE RESTRICTIONS ON USE OF OUR WEBSITE
- Governing law and jurisdiction
1. Our details
- The Association of Investment Companies (we, our and us) operates the website.
- The Association of Investment Companies is a company limited by guarantee incorporated in England and Wales (company number 04818187). Our registered address is 24 Chiswell Street, London, EC1Y 4YY. Our VAT registration number is 396992669.
- Our contact telephone number is 020 7282 5555 and our contact email address is email@example.com.
2. Your responsibility for others who access our website using your device or internet connection
3. Other documents governing your use of our website
4. Availability of our website
- We make no representations and provide no warranties that:
- the website will be made available at any specific time or from any specific geographical location;
- your access to the website will be continuous or uninterrupted; or
- the website will be accessible or optimised on all browsers, computers, tablets, phones or viewing platforms.
- We reserve the right to suspend access to all or part of the website for any reason, including for business or operational reasons, such as improving the appearance or functionality of the website, content updates, periodic maintenance, or to resolve any issues that we become aware of. Wherever we anticipate that we need to suspend access to the website for a considerable period of time, we will try to provide you with prior notice where reasonably practicable.
- Our website is provided for users in the United Kingdom only. Although it may be possible to access the website from other countries, we make no representation that our website is compliant with any legal requirements in force in any jurisdiction other than the United Kingdom, or that the content available on the website will be appropriate for users in other countries or states.
- to reflect any changes in the way we carry out our business;
- to account for any changes we make to our website, including, without limitation, any new features or functionality we provide, any adjustments to the means by which we provide notices to you, or any changes in the content, purpose or availability of the website;
- to accurately describe our current data-processing activities so that you are kept up-to-date with our latest practices;
- to ensure that our documentation complies and remains compliant with any and all current and future applicable laws, regulations and official guidance.
6. Your account details
- If we provide you with account information such as a user name, identification number, account code and/or password, you must keep such information confidential and secret and not disclose it to anyone. All account information is provided for use of the named account holder only, and not for any other person. You are responsible for any consequences of unauthorised access to your account due to any disclosure of your account information to any third party.
- Where we provide you with the option to select your own login information, including a password, we recommend that you supply login information unique to your own use of this website, and do not use information from other accounts you may hold with other websites or any easily discoverable information about you. You are responsible for any consequences of unauthorised access to your account due to any disclosure of your login information to any third party.
- You must never use another user’s account without permission. When creating your account, you must provide accurate and complete information. You agree that you will not solicit, collect or use the login credentials of other individuals. We prohibit the creation of, and you agree that you will not create, an account for anyone other than yourself. You also represent that all information you provide to us upon registration and at all other times will be true, accurate, current, and complete. You agree to update your information as necessary to maintain its truth and accuracy.
- If you know or suspect that the confidentiality of your login information has been compromised, for example, by the disclosure of such information to any third party, you must immediately change your password. If you are unable to change your password, you must immediately notify us by email, at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Ownership of material on our website
- All trade marks, service marks, trade names, logos, copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and its content are either owned by us or licensed to us. All such rights are protected by intellectual property laws around the world, and all rights are reserved. Any use of the website and its contents, other than as specifically authorised herein, is strictly prohibited. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved by us.
8. Information and content on our website provided on non-reliance basis
- The content on our website is not intended to be construed as advice. You must not rely on any of the content of our website for any purposes whatsoever, and you must seek your own independent professional advice before deciding to take any course of action on the basis, whether in whole or in part, of any of the content available on our website at any time.
- We make no representations and provide no warranties whatsoever, whether express or implied, that any of the content or materials available on our website from time to time are accurate, up to date or complete.
9. Permitted use of materials on our website
- The content on our website is provided for your personal, private and non-commercial use only. You may print or share the content from our website for lawful personal, private and non-commercial purposes, and you may also make others within your organisation aware of the content on our website. You may not otherwise extract, reproduce or distribute the content of our website without our prior written consent.
- Whenever you print, download, share or pass on content from our website to others, you must not make any additions or deletions or otherwise modify any text from our website, you must not alter or change any images, media or graphics from our website in any way, you may not remove any accompanying text from such images, media or graphics, and you must ensure that all content passed on to any third party is an accurate representation of the content as it appears on our website.
- You are prohibited from using any robots, spiders, data mining or scraping technology or any similar third party tools for the extraction or reproduction of any data or content from our website without our prior written consent.
- Whenever you pass on any content or materials from our website to anyone, you must acknowledge us as the authors of such content or materials (or any other authors wherever credited by us) at the time when you pass on such content or materials.
10. Prohibited uses of our website
- You must not, without our prior written consent, access, interfere with, damage or disrupt in any way our website or any part of it, our systems, any of our hardware or equipment or any networks on which our website is hosted, any software that we use to create or modify the website or to make the website available to you, or any hardware, equipment, network, server, software or technology owned or operated by us or any third party.
- for any purpose that is unlawful or that in any way breaches any applicable laws or regulations, whether local, national or international;
- for any fraudulent purposes whatsoever;
- to conduct any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or direct or indirect marketing to anyone by any means, or to otherwise spam, communicate with or market to anyone any goods, services or business not authorised by us;
- to upload, host or transmit any viruses, malware, adware, spyware, worms, Trojan horses, keystroke loggers, spyware, logic bombs, time bombs or any other harmful programs or code which could adversely affect the use or operation of the website, our hardware or systems, or the computers, tablets, phones or other devices of any users or other third parties, or to upload any content or materials containing any such content;
- to communicate with, harm or attempt to harm children in any way; or
- You must not submit any information about you to us if you are under the age of 18, or about any other person who is either:
- under the age of 18; or
- if they are aged 18 or above, where you have not received their prior written consent to submit information about them to us.
- You must not submit to us any information which is considered ‘sensitive personal information’. ‘Sensitive personal information’ is information about you or any other person which reveals your or their racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership or which is genetic data, biometric data, information which concerns your or their health, sex life or sexual orientation.
- If you accidentally or intentionally submit such information to us, you will be considered to have consented to our processing of that information on the basis of Article 9(2)(a) of the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/769).
11. Viruses and other harmful content
- We do not guarantee that our website does not contain viruses or other malicious software.
- We shall not be responsible for any bugs or viruses on our website, or any software that might be transferred to your computer from our website, or any consequences which the presence or operation of such programs may have.
- You must ensure that you have in place up-to-date and effective anti-virus protection on your computer or other browsing device.
- You must not upload or otherwise introduce to our website any viruses, malware, spyware, adware, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs, time bombs, keystroke loggers or any other programs or code that is harmful or malicious.
- You must not use any third parties, software or technology to attempt to gain unauthorised access to our website, our servers, systems, hardware, software or data.
- You must not attempt to perform any denial of service type attack on our website.
- You must not perform any action which would contravene the Computer Misuse Act 1990.
- We may report any breach or suspected breach of this clause 11 (Viruses and other harmful content) to the relevant authorities and may disclose your identity.
12. Links to other websites
- Links to third party content or websites may appear on our website from time to time. We are not responsible for the content of any websites accessible via any link(s) on our website. All content on third party websites is outside of our control, and we do not represent or warrant that such content is related to us or our website, suitable or appropriate for use or viewing, lawful or accurate.
13. Links to our website
- You may not link to our website without our prior written consent.
- Where you have obtained our consent to link to our website:
- wherever you post a link to our website on any other website, you agree that you will do so in an appropriate manner, and not in any way which is defamatory or disparaging towards us, which misrepresents us or our business, or which causes any harm whatsoever to us or our business; and
- you must not link to our website in order to suggest any form of joint venture, partnership, collaboration, affiliation, business relationship, approval or endorsement in connection with us where none exists and in any event, without having first obtained our prior written consent.
- We may withdraw permission to link to our website at any time. In the event that we withdraw permission to link to our website and inform you of the same, you must immediately remove or cause to be removed any links to our website.
14. EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
- We do not exclude our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so, for example, for death or personal injury caused by our negligence. If applicable law does not allow all or any part of the below limitations of liability to apply to you, the limitations will apply to you only to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
- SUBJECT TO THE AFORESAID, IN NO EVENT SHALL WE (INCLUDING OUR PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS) UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES WHATSOEVER BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE (WHETHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR OTHERWISE) COSTS, EXPENSES, LIABILITIES OR PENALTIES, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, BREACH OF STATUTORY DUTY OR OTHERWISE, WHETHER FORESEEABLE OR UNKNOWN, ARISING FROM, IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATING TO:
- YOUR USE OF OUR WEBSITE;
- ANY CORRUPTION OR LOSS OF DATA;
- ANY INABILITY TO ACCESS OUR WEBSITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY INTERRUPTIONS, SUSPENSION OR WITHDRAWAL OF OUR WEBSITE (FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER);
- ANY USE YOU MAKE OF ANY CONTENT OR MATERIALS ON OUR WEBSITE, INCLUDING ANY RELIANCE YOU MAKE ON SUCH CONTENT OR MATERIAL;
- ANY LOSS OF SAVINGS, PROFITS, SALES, BUSINESS OR REVENUE;
- ANY LOSS OF REPUTATION OR GOODWILL;
- ANY LOSS OF SAVINGS;
- ANY LOSS OF A CHANCE OR OPPORTUNITY; OR
- ANY OTHER SECONDARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INDIRECT LOSSES,
AND EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE, WITHOUT LIMITATION, YOU ASSUME AND SHALL BE LIABLE FOR THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION IN THE EVENT OF ANY SUCH LOSS, DAMAGE, COSTS, EXPENSES, LIABILITIES OR PENALTIES ARISING.
- WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT YOU COULD HAVE AVOIDED BY FOLLOWING OUR ADVICE TO APPLY AN UPDATE OFFERED TO YOU FREE OF CHARGE OR FOR DAMAGE THAT WAS CAUSED BY YOU FAILING TO CORRECTLY FOLLOW INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS OR TO HAVE IN PLACE THE MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS ADVISED BY US.
- You specifically agree that we shall not be liable for any content or the defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of any third party and that the risk of harm or damage from the foregoing rests entirely with you.
- YOU AGREE THAT IN THE EVENT THAT YOU INCUR ANY DAMAGES, LOSSES OR INJURIES ARISING OUT OF, OR IN CONNECTION WITH, OUR ACTS OR OMISSIONS, THE DAMAGES, IF ANY, CAUSED TO YOU ARE NOT IRREPARABLE OR SUFFICIENT TO ENTITLE YOU TO AN INJUNCTION PREVENTING ANY EXPLOITATION OF ANY WEBSITE, SERVICE, PROPERTY, PRODUCT OR OTHER CONTENT OWNED OR CONTROLLED BY US, AND YOU WILL HAVE NO RIGHTS TO ENJOIN OR RESTRAIN THE DEVELOPMENT, PRODUCTION, DISTRIBUTION, ADVERTISING, EXHIBITION OR EXPLOITATION OF ANY WEBSITE, PROPERTY, PRODUCT, SERVICE, OR OTHER CONTENT OWNED OR CONTROLLED BY US.
- To the extent that any of the provisions of this clause 14 (EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY) are unenforceable as outright exclusions of liability, they shall be construed as limitations on liability, limiting our liability to you to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- You (and also any third party for or on behalf of whom you operate an account or activity on the website) agree to defend (at our request), indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses and expenses, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with any of the following (including as a result of your direct activities on the website or those conducted on your behalf):
- your uploads, access to or use of the website;
- your violation of any third-party right, including, without limitation, any intellectual property right, publicity, confidentiality, property or privacy right;
- your violation of any laws, rules, regulations, codes, statutes, ordinances or orders of any governmental and quasi-governmental authorities, including, without limitation, all regulatory, administrative and legislative authorities; or
- any misrepresentation made by you.
- You will cooperate as fully required by us in the defence of any claim. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you, and you will not, in any event, settle any claim without our prior written consent.
- THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE” AND “WITH ALL FAULTS” BASIS. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, WE DO NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OR ENDORSEMENTS OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO:
- THE SERVICE;
- THE WEBSITE CONTENT;
- USER CONTENT; OR
- SECURITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION TO THE WEBSITE.
IN ADDITION, WE HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, CUSTOM, TRADE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, SYSTEM INTEGRATION AND FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS.
- BY ACCESSING OR USING THE WEBSITE YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOUR ACTIVITIES ARE LAWFUL IN EVERY JURISDICTION WHERE YOU ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICE.
- WE DO NOT ENDORSE CONTENT AND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY TO ANY PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE (WHETHER ACTUAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHERWISE), INJURY, CLAIM, LIABILITY OR OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION OF ANY KIND OR CHARACTER BASED UPON OR RESULTING FROM ANY CONTENT.
17. AGE RESTRICTIONS ON USE OF OUR WEBSITE
- Our website and any products or services available on or via the website are not intended for use by individuals under the age of 18.
- IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 18, YOU MUST NOT USE OUR WEBSITE, PURCHASE OR ATTEMPT TO PURCHASE ANY OF OUR PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, OR SUBMIT ANY INFORMATION ABOUT YOU OR ANYONE ELSE TO US.
- We do not knowingly or intentionally process information about any individual under the age of 18.
18. Governing law and jurisdiction