The AIC has released two short animated educational videos to help investors understand the income advantages of investment companies.
- Watch ‘How investment companies can meet your income needs’
- Watch ‘Investment Company Dividend Heroes’
- Videos hosted on the AIC’s website
The Association of Investment Companies (AIC) has released two short animated educational videos to help investors understand the income advantages of investment companies.
The first video, ‘How investment companies can meet your income needs’, describes the key benefits investment companies offer income investors. The advantages include investment companies’ ability to smooth dividends and the suitability of the closed-ended structure for a wide range of assets like commercial property and infrastructure. The second animated video, ‘Investment Company Dividend Heroes’, explains what makes an AIC dividend hero and the secret behind these companies’ income success.
Annabel Brodie-Smith, Communications Director of the Association of Investment Companies (AIC), said: “With income a top priority for many investors, these videos explain why investment companies can help meet their requirements by paying strong, sustainable dividends. They also shine a light on the AIC’s ‘dividend heroes’, which have increased their dividends every year for 20 years or more and demonstrate investment companies’ ability to provide investors with consistent, long-term income.”
The videos are hosted in the ‘Guides & Glossary’ section of the AIC Income Finder. Income Finder is a new set of tools and resources to help income seekers research and analyse investment companies. It enables investors to create a virtual portfolio of income-paying investment companies, track the dividend dates and see how much income they could receive over a year. This allows investors to customise their investment company portfolio to smooth monthly income over the year, ensuring there are no periods without dividend payments, or shape the income payments to meet their needs.
Follow us on Twitter @AICPRESS
- The Association of Investment Companies (AIC) was founded in 1932 to represent the interests of the investment trust industry – the oldest form of collective investment. Today, the AIC represents a broad range of closed-ended investment companies, incorporating investment trusts and other closed-ended investment companies and VCTs. The AIC’s members believe that the industry is best served if it is united and speaks with one voice. The AIC’s mission statement is to help members add value for shareholders over the longer term. The AIC has 360 members and the industry has total assets of approximately £190 billion.
- Disclaimer: The information contained in this press release does not constitute investment advice or personal recommendation and it is not an invitation or inducement to engage in investment activity. You should seek independent financial and, if appropriate, legal advice as to the suitability of any investment decision. Past performance is not a guide to future performance. The value of investment company shares, and the income from them, can fall as well as rise. You may not get back the full amount invested and, in some cases, nothing at all.
- To stop receiving AIC press releases, please contact the communications team.