Compass is the AIC’s monthly e-newsletter for private investors that features views from investment company managers and takes a closer look at topical issues within the investment company sector.
This month in Compass, we delve into discounts, exploring the property and renewable energy sectors. And Ian Cowie investigates when to turn paper profits into real ones.
- Foreword by Annabel Brodie-Smith: Annabel dives into discount buying opportunities.
- Top trusts on double discounts: The 20 best-performing trusts on a double-digit discount.
- Building up: Fund managers explore prospects for property.
- Revisiting renewables: Renewables could be worth a second look, writes Cherry Reynard.
- “I’m still standing”: Ian Cowie on the art of when to sell.
This month Compass explores the opportunities in deeply discounted private equity, Ian Cowie goes stateside, and UK fund managers face down the inflation dragon.
As Valentine’s Day approaches, we ask whether it’s time to make a place in your heart for UK equities and VCT managers discuss the outlook for Britain’s ambitious smaller companies.
Compass springs into the new year while Ian Cowie looks back on his 2022 investment company winners.