Watch our series of educational videos.
The Association of Investment Companies (AIC) has released an educational video to help people new to investment. Titled ‘Your investment journey’, the animated video explains why you might want to invest, how to go about it, and where investment companies fit in. It uses everyday language and the idea of an ‘investment journey’ with twists and turns to help viewers understand key concepts such as risk, growth versus income, and diversification.
The AIC has also released a series of animated glossary videos to help investors understand more about investment companies. The series of ten educational videos explains key investment terminology such as dividend yield and share prices, and investment company features like gearing, discounts and premiums.
Annabel Brodie-Smith, Communications Director of the Association of Investment Companies, said: “We understand investment can be daunting, so to celebrate the 150th anniversary of investment companies we have released a new introductory video which explains the importance of lifelong saving and how investment companies can help. We have also produced a series of shorter educational videos which cover a wide range of investment topics from the benefits of monthly saving to management and performance fees, what ex-dividend means and many more. All the videos are animated in a fun and friendly style to make the topics as approachable as possible.”
The educational video series includes:
- Total return performance
- Share prices explained
- The benefits of monthly saving
- What does dividend yield mean?
- What does ex-dividend mean?
- Discounts and premiums
- What are ongoing charges?
- Management and performance fees
- What happens when an investment company winds up?
Follow us on Twitter @AICPRESS
- The Association of Investment Companies (AIC) was founded in 1932 to represent the interests of the investment trust industry – the oldest form of collective investment. Today, the AIC represents a broad range of closed-ended investment companies, incorporating investment trusts and other closed-ended investment companies and VCTs. The AIC’s members believe that the industry is best served if it is united and speaks with one voice. The AIC’s mission statement is to help members add value for shareholders over the longer term. The AIC has 351 members and the industry has total assets of approximately £188 billion.
- Disclaimer: The information contained in this press release does not constitute investment advice or personal recommendation and it is not an invitation or inducement to engage in investment activity. You should seek independent financial and, if appropriate, legal advice as to the suitability of any investment decision. Past performance is not a guide to future performance. The value of investment company shares, and the income from them, can fall as well as rise. You may not get back the full amount invested and, in some cases, nothing at all.
- To stop receiving AIC press releases, please contact the communications team.