Data as at: 30/09/2021
The UK’s investment company industry has a history of more than 150 years, but is fast-changing. Below are some key statistics that paint a picture of the industry now and how it has changed in recent years.
Please refer to our glossary for more detailed definitions of our data points.
- Source: AIC/Morningstar. Data will be updated for the previous month-end on the seventh working day of each month. Discount, performance and yield figures exclude VCTs.
- Discounts are weighted by market capitalisation of company and are based on cum-income, fair-value net asset values (known as cum fair NAVs).
- Share price performance figures are weighted by market capitalisation. NAV performance is based on, and weighted by, Cum Fair net assets.
- Average yields are weighted and include dividends paid from capital profits but exclude any special dividends.
- Fundraising information does not include issuance of shares from treasury.
This data has been prepared by the AIC using Morningstar data and is for information purposes only. It is not an invitation or inducement to engage in investment activity nor does it purport to contain information on which to base investment decisions. Whilst the AIC and Morningstar have taken all reasonable steps to verify the statistics on our website, neither the AIC nor Morningstar accept responsibility for any errors or omissions in this publication or for any loss of any nature incurred by any person using this publication, howsoever caused. Past performance is not a guide to future performance and the performance of individual investment companies can diverge significantly from any average figures. Investors are advised to seek independent financial advice before making any investment decisions.