From advice and guidance to lobbying on your behalf, the AIC offers a range of valuable services to members – and the first year of membership is free
Who can join the AIC?
97% of respondents in our most recent member survey felt that AIC membership offers value for money.
AIC membership is open to investment companies. To be eligible, a company must be closed-ended, invest in a diversified portfolio of assets and have its shares traded on a stock exchange.
We offer our members:
- Lobbying – we’ll consider the needs of your company in any representations we make to regulators and government departments.
- Presence on the AIC website – dedicated pages for your company giving a wide range of information to thousands of investors, financial advisers and the media.
- Advice and guidance – you’ll have access to all our guidance on key technical and commercial issues, and you can also discuss them with AIC staff.
- Inclusion in our media work – our press team will include your company in appropriate press releases. You’ll also be invited to provide quotes, attend journalist roundtables etc.
- Events – member directors are invited to attend our regular free conferences, seminars and roundtables on the latest issues affecting investment companies.
- Participation in committees and forums – you can learn more about current issues and provide input into our work by joining our specialist committees and forums.
So you can see the benefits of membership before you make a financial commitment, the first year of membership is free.
Our current membership fees are:
|Members (excluding VCTs)||VCTs|
|Subscription rate||0.75 basis points of shareholders' funds (£75 per £1million)||1.75 basis points of shareholders' funds (£175 per £1million)|
Contact Membership Director Lori Fox on email@example.com or 020 7282 5558
First we’ll check whether your company is eligible to join. We’ll confirm membership as soon as possible. We’ll also ask you to complete a brief membership form to give us contact details and some statistical information.
Professional advisers to investment companies can access guidance papers through our Member centre.
They are also eligible to sit on some AIC committees and forums. Contact Membership Director Lori Fox on firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7282 5558 for more details.