The Association of Investment Companies (AIC) was founded in 1932 to represent the interests of the investment trust industry – the oldest form of collective investment. Today, the AIC represents a broad range of investment companies, incorporating investment trusts, VCTs and other closed-end funds.
The AIC is the trade body for closed-ended investment companies. The association represents a broad range of closed-ended investment companies, incorporating investment trusts, offshore investment companies, REITs and Venture Capital Trusts (VCTs). We help our member companies deliver better returns for their investors in several ways:
- Lobbying – we work with regulators and government departments to develop the best possible tax and legal environment for our members and their shareholders.
- Generating interest in investment companies – our press team works with the media and opinion-formers to engage investors and financial advisers.
- Technical advice and guidance – we keep our members up-to-date with legal and regulatory changes and provide guidance and advice on how to comply with them.
- Events and training – we hold regular conferences, seminars and roundtables for members on key topical issues, as well as running training courses for both members and financial advisers.
- Statistics – we calculate and publish performance information on our members.
- Online presence – our website is used by thousands of investors, financial advisers and journalists to get reliable and up-to-date information and news about investment companies.
Our mission is to help members add value for shareholders over the longer term.
About our members
We represent a range of closed-ended investment companies including:
- investment trusts
- offshore investment companies
- venture capital trusts (VCTs)
Want to learn more about investment companies?
Our website hosts a a huge amount of information for both private investors and financial advisers with a view to inform and educate in regards to the long term benefits of investment companies.