What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files which a website may put on your computer or mobile device when you first visit a site or page. The cookie will help the website to recognise your computer or device the next time you visit.
There are many functions cookies serve. For example, they can help us to remember your username and password when you log into the Adviser or Member centres, and they also allow us to analyse how you are using the site.
Please be assured that most cookies won't collect information that identifies you, and will instead collect more general information such as how users arrive at and use our website, or a user's general location. Certain cookies do contain minimal personal information – for example, if you click to "automatically log in next time" when logging in, a cookie will store your username. Please note that the cookies used on our website do not store any other personal information.
What sort of cookies does the AIC use?
We utilise cookies to analyse how our visitors use our website. This allows us to provide a high quality experience. For example, we might use analytical cookies to keep track of which pages are most popular, which user journeys are used the most and therefore we can think about improving certain areas based on this data.
We use authentication cookies in the Adviser and Member centres to allow us to see that you are logged in and to remember your log in details in order to save you the trouble of typing these in every time you access the site.
How can I disable cookies on my computer?
As explained above, cookies help you to get the most out of our website. However, if you do wish to disable our cookies then please follow the instructions below:
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Click on 'Tools' at the top of your browser window and select 'Internet Options'
- Navigate to the 'Privacy' tab
- To enable cookies: Set the slider to 'Medium' or below
- To disable cookies: Move the slider to the top to block all cookies
- Click the wrench icon on the browser toolbar
- Select Settings
- Click 'Show advanced settings'
- In the "Privacy" section, click the 'Content settings' button
- To enable cookies in the "Cookies" section, pick 'Allow local data to be set', this will enable both first-party and third-party cookies. To allow only first-party cookies pick 'Block all third-party cookies without exception'
- To disable cookies, in the "Cookies" section, pick 'Block sites from setting any data'
- Click on 'Tools' at the browser menu and select 'Options'
- Select the Privacy panel
- To enable cookies: Check 'Accept cookies for sites'
- To disable cookies: Uncheck 'Accept cookies for sites'
All other browsers
Please look for a "help" function in the browser or contact the browser provider.