How we help members deliver better returns for their investors
The AIC is the trade body for closed-ended investment companies. We help our member companies deliver better returns for their investors in several ways:
Our mission is to help members add value for shareholders over the longer term.
- Lobbying – we work with regulators and government departments to develop the best possible tax and legal environment for our members and their shareholders.
- Generating interest in investment companies – our press team works with the media and opinion-formers to engage investors and financial advisers.
- Technical advice and guidance – we keep our members up-to-date with legal and regulatory changes and provide guidance and advice on how to comply with them.
- Events and training – we hold regular conferences, seminars and roundtables for members on key topical issues, as well as running training courses for both members and financial advisers.
- Statistics – we calculate and publish performance information on our members.
- Online presence – our website is used by thousands of investors, financial advisers and journalists to get reliable and up-to-date information and news about investment companies.
About our members
We represent a range of closed-ended investment companies including:
- investment trusts
- offshore investment companies
- venture capital trusts (VCTs)